Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been a few mentions of the lower engine mount going in the 156 GTA and causing problems.

where is the mount, and what symptoms are there of it failing?

also, where online can i buy a gasket for the thermostat from? bought thermostat, completely forgot about a gasket!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Well the top mount you can see on the top left. The gearbox mount is above the gearbox under the battery tray. The other engine mount is at the opposite end of the engine sort of under the water bottle but under the chassis rail and the lower is at the back of the engine ate the bottom on the subframe next the the exhaust front pipes infront of the cats :)

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
My rear gearbox mount was gone and my front engine mount (just above in front of the wheel arch liner on drivers side was totally ruined! :eek:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm hoping to get mine done soon too. Sonce doing all the suspension bushes and new springs / dampers, I can now feel engine movement transferring through the chassis when I come to a standstill.

S

·
0 Posts
The gasket isn't needed.

I did the sane. Forgot to buy one assuming it would come in the box.

I used blue instant gasket and it is holding fine 3 years on.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I always recommend buying a gasket when one is available or make one from gasket paper. Much better than that instant gasket bodge sh1te. :tut: shame on you andy :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
If I'd have had one I'd have used it, but I was up to my arm pits in rain and crap and then realised it wasn't in the box! Instant gasket it was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts