Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

My on going saga with my 156 sportswagon continues.

I originally posted saying that I had a knocking noise under hard acceleration.

£128 and a new drive shaft later..............it still knocks.

I had a mate of mine drive the car with the bonnet up and the engine appears to move alot for & aft when taking up drive.

I checked the top stabiliser bar/monunt and the rubbers are shot!

Also the bottom front engine mount seems to have a bit of play but its hard to see the rubber in this one.

I am thinking that the noise could be the engine moving/vibrating/knocking against something under power take up and hard acceleration. There is no vibration or anything under normal driving and acceleration.

Has anyone got a top engine stabiliser bar to fit an o2 plated 2.4JTD and possibly a bottom front engine mount?

Im driving to the Alps on Friday and need to sort this problem before I go.

Also heres a good one. Since its gone to 2012 the computer on my car reads the correct date but always a day in advance eg Monday instead of Sunday!! Italians for you I suppose. Just another bit of 'character' to go with the fuel gauge that always reads full but which the low level light works perfectly on!

Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
I keep posting this in every thread with this problem but im not sure if anyone is noticing...

The problem is probably the lower mount on the gearbox. If its shot the gearbox moves too far and bangs on the drivershafts. Atleast thats how i remember it being when i had the same problem. Changing the mount solved it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep posting this in every thread with this problem but im not sure if anyone is noticing...

The problem is probably the lower mount on the gearbox. If its shot the gearbox moves too far and bangs on the drivershafts. Atleast thats how i remember it being when i had the same problem. Changing the mount solved it.
The gearbox mount looks ok.

Deffinately the top stabiliser bar/mount needs replacing. I might change that first but I would like to sort it before going to the Alps.

Thanks for the reply at least it sounds that I might be on the right track.:thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts