Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm desperately looking for engine mounts for my Alfa Romeo 159 2.2 JTS.
It seems like they are not available anymore.
I found this old thread:
Luckily I already found the small engine mount BIRTH 51976 - OEM number 50516254.
But I'm also looking for the other one, AR part number 50516253 / 50501956 - BIRTH 51497.
I can't find a single shop that is selling them.
Can you really not buy them anymore?

Any idea where I could get one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sadly all those in stock are for the 1.8 - they won't fit the 2.2 JTS.
i don't know why the shop lists them as compatible for the 2.2 - because they are not.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I replaced mine earlier this year and could only find the bush for the long mount, so swapped it over into the original casing using prescision violence. Made by Tedgum (never heard of them) and found on eBay, it feels like a good quality bush. Just as well as it really seemed to be the only option!
I can't post a link to the listing just now as eBay seems to be down, but if you put the part number 50501956 into a search engine you should be able to find it. It was cheaper elsewhere but all other listings I found at the time were eu based, the eBay listing appeared to be uk stock but the length of time it took to arrive suggested it came from the EU anyway!

Reactions: n0va

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replaced mine earlier this year and could only find the bush for the long mount, so swapped it over into the original casing using prescision violence. Made by Tedgum (never heard of them) and found on eBay, it feels like a good quality bush. Just as well as it really seemed to be the only option!
I can't post a link to the listing just now as eBay seems to be down, but if you put the part number 50501956 into a search engine you should be able to find it. It was cheaper elsewhere but all other listings I found at the time were eu based, the eBay listing appeared to be uk stock but the length of time it took to arrive suggested it came from the EU anyway!
Hi and thanks for your reply.
Yea I've seen that part and if I can't find the whole engine mount I guess I have to buy this.

This is what the whole engine mount looks like:
Tool Auto part Metal Bicycle part Font

Is the bush that is still available the left or the right one in the image?
Because in the picture both the left and the right one both have notches (I guess for alignment), but the replacement bush doesn't. Hope you understand what I mean.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi and thanks for your reply.
Yea I've seen that part and if I can't find the whole engine mount I guess I have to buy this.

This is what the whole engine mount looks like:
View attachment 961009
Is the bush that is still available the left or the right one in the image?
Because in the picture both the left and the right one both have notches (I guess for alignment), but the replacement bush doesn't. Hope you understand what I mean.
It's the big bush on the left. The central section has a pointy end facing the smaller bush that you can use for alignment before pressing it home. Here's a picture I took of the old one for reference before removing it, you'll see what I mean...

Hand tool Jaw Wrench Auto part Metal

Hope this helps!

Reactions: n0va
1 - 7 of 7 Posts