Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all .... After many months I decided to put in the air conditioning pipes on my 156 V6 1999. Not an easy thing to do. Anyway I encounted a problem when I was almost finished. When putting the engine mount bolts I stripped the head of the bolt. It is the one that is near the right supsension bolts fixing to the alloy of the engine. The bolt only has like 1 cm left to go in. But now I cannot remove it to replace the bolt. I tried almost everything but it seems stuck and will not move anywhere. So I have fixed the other bolt in on the other end of the mount so as to drive it.
Any suggestions on how I could overcome the problem would be appreciated. Thanks Roger

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Have you tried a reverse thread, tapered, lug nut remover? The type of tool that is used to undo a security wheel bolt/nut, when socket key has been lost? Tool factors?:):

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No have not try that yet. The bolt is almost round from trying everything i have here. Well I will leave it till tomorrow and take the car to work. I have some engineers at work so I will ask them. If no solutions then I take the car to my Alfa mechanic. ...Roger

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude at work fixed the bolt in 10 mins. I put the bolt in the wrong side and it bottomed-out. Well u live and learn ......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts