Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum (was Sports Alfa!). Drive 2005 (916) 3.2 Spider. Totally impractical, noisy, shakes like a wet dog (sometimes behaves like a wet dog), drinks like a dry dog - fantastic car!

So I need some advice. Driving fairly slowly ('cos it was cold this am with hood down!) the yellow engine management warning light came on. When I got home gave it a couple of hours to let it come to its senses - but it came on and stayed on.

Handbook says go see Alfa Dealer. This sounds expensive and probably fruitless. Any ideas?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi, first things first this seems to be some sort of standard issue so you are not alone.

Best advice is to get it plugged into a dealership diagnostics software although I'm awaiting a fix from alfadiag.net (new demo version works for me) which will show you the error code if you have a laptop and the suitable obdII cable. A dealership may well charge the same as buying the software and cable just to diagnose the problem.

My ecu light goes on when the lambda sensors go out of their safety zone, had them replaced but issue has again come back i think, might be a faulty cat...i dunno.

I think i'm ok, my mpg seems about avergae so if i am running lean etc them not by much i hope....

We shall see what alfa diag kicks up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I have hooked it up and have these 2 error codes:

PO 0220 - Pedal Position Sensor Circuit. Which the computer tells me is Throttle position (TP) sensor B/accelerator pedal problem (APP) switch B - contact malfunction.

PO 1221 - Pedal Position Sensor1 Circuit.

Can anyone advise if they have had the same problem - and possible remedy. No symptoms on the car, just that every time I reset it is OK for about 2 trips - then the Engine Management Light fails to go off after startup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts