Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow alfa owners, my engine management light has started to come on, can anyone tell me please where the socket for my code reader is, and is it an obd 2 ?? thanks in advance guys

L

·
0 Posts
YES it has a OBD2 plug but can an OBD2 scanner connect to the ECU? or are you using Alfadiag or FES?

·
Registered
45 Posts
YES it has a OBD2 plug but can an OBD2 scanner connect to the ECU? or are you using Alfadiag or FES?
i am confused now, all i did was get my mate to plug in his reader and used the software on his iphone (dont know what it was).
i assumed the op meant what type of plug it was, i havent got a clue about software etc :)

L

·
0 Posts
Hello fellow alfa owners, my engine management light has started to come on, can anyone tell me please where the socket for my code reader is, and is it an obd 2 ?? thanks in advance guys
ok lets start again, what year is your diesel car?

·
Registered
513 Posts
For what it's worth regarding the above discussion my 2001 JTD can have the codes read by a solus scanner. It came up with lots! I have no idea whether its cf2 or cf3 or what the cf numbers mean.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
For what it's worth regarding the above discussion my 2001 JTD can have the codes read by a solus scanner. It came up with lots! I have no idea whether its cf2 or cf3 or what the cf numbers mean.
have you made a note of them ? post them here and ill have a looksy

·
Registered
513 Posts
The scanner told me what they were, it was the cf's I don't know! The car is a high miler running well and it gave, PO 101, PO 110, PO 235, PO 404, PO 380, PO 002. Not sure if PO should be P0, it was a while ago. The engine goes well, as for the rest of it....!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts