Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car approaches dip in road at night, didnt notice so i hear a loud BANG as soon as i hit it. The engine is leaking a fair bit, about a drop every few minutes. Looked under vehicle, its leaking mostly from one area, near the front mid section of the car...near some joints..proximite from the motor and the carter which holds the engine oil. Any tips and howmuch jobs can cost? Seeing mechanic tomorrow..

·
0 Posts
Mebee a cracked sump :( - keep a very carefull eye on the oil level - tis hard to estimate costs on the other side of the earth though :lol: - best of luck :thumbs:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the source of the leak is from under the car, i will post the picture of it tomorrow during the day, seeing it is 1.22am at the moment. Will be taking it to be inspected.

CJO, there have been numerous leak questions on this forum, each leak is different...depending on how big it is, where it is and how much is costs to fix.

THanks for your help V6, worst case scanario the engine wont need be replaced i hope? these days they have parts for everything? but yes, the leak is extremely close to a joint, connecting the engine oil to the motor? i dont really know what type of joint it is..but its close to the casket too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone in Australia know howmuch a oil sump costs? and is there chance more than one sump is cracked if it be?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
the source of the leak is from under the car, i will post the picture of it tomorrow during the day, seeing it is 1.22am at the moment. Will be taking it to be inspected.

CJO, there have been numerous leak questions on this forum, each leak is different...depending on how big it is, where it is and how much is costs to fix.

THanks for your help V6, worst case scanario the engine wont need be replaced i hope? these days they have parts for everything? but yes, the leak is extremely close to a joint, connecting the engine oil to the motor? i dont really know what type of joint it is..but its close to the casket too.

Most have been to do with craked sumps - someone did a write up on fixing using a metal glue(?)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i posted a picture of it on a new thread just a few minutes ago, it should be the one next from this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts