Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Update! Hi again, thought I would add that after nearly a year of driving the car I'm still grinning :) But I wanted to say for the benefit of other newbies who might read this that if I ever take the engine out again It's coming out through the bottom. It means splitting the exhaust but the aggro we had getting it out through the top and getting it back in again still gives me nightmares :)

Problems since rebuild include; exhaust manifold gasket blowing slightly when cold [cheapskate used old gasket!]
Knocking from front arb bushes, occasional engine warning light coming on and running a bit rough. Rear windows don't open, just click! Apart from those paltry problems it's been a wonderful first year of Alfa ownership! :inlove:
Exhaust blowing will be a crack near the Front CAT's due the the bracket snapping (the one that snaps due you speed-bump contact).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's interesting, I was finding it hard to find the leak because it only lasts for a while. I had thought it was the manifold because it seems to blow only when 1 cylinder fires, tick tick tick sort of thing. I shall investigate further! :)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts