Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Yes but I'm think I'm right in saying it has to be deleted from the ecu.

Places like

Alfatune Motorsport

can do it

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Not that anyone has found, I believe. Not much point having an anti-theft device that can be overcome by such readily available software.....;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that anyone has found, I believe. Not much point having an anti-theft device that can be overcome by such readily available software.....;)
hi how would it be deleted from ecu, this has been a recuring problem over the years i have owned the car , and to be honest that sick of it that if i cant remove its going to scrap yard sad after owning it for the last 12 years and only having 45000 miles but wife now refusing to ride in it!. yes replaced arial etc etc
Mick.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You could also consider replacing the ECU and Immobiliser box. Ebay usually has all the parts you need including keys and ignition switch & door locks for around £100.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the problem with your immobiliser?
hi problem i have is not recognising key code , not all the time just now and again always at wrong time , supermarket or garage etc, usualy if i keep turning on and off it eventualy picks it up and away we go with wife pulling hair out and threatening to burn it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
A 2001 2.0TS would have a M1.5.5 ECU. Immobilizer can be removed from that ECU, but it's tricky and requires special equipment to reprogram the ECU.

Companies like Alfatune (UK), Squadra Tuning (NL) or Schepers Autotechniek (NL) will be able to help you.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You could also consider replacing the ECU and Immobiliser box. Ebay usually has all the parts you need including keys and ignition switch & door locks for around £100.
No need to change the locks. Install the new ECU and immobilizer box. Switch over the transponder chip from the new master key to your old one and reprogram the old keys to the new immobilizer box. The programming procedure is described in detail in the work shop manual.

·
Registered
842 Posts
No eml light only the key code light stays on
If your eml doesn't come on at all (not even briefly) with ignition its far more likely the error is being caused on the injection side.
I'd start with the injection relay and the two earths at the back of the head particularly one to the top of the head at the back although also check the ecu earth.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
If the code light doesn't go out then it's the immobiliser.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think what Davffc is saying is that because there is some communication between code and main ECU to turn off the code light, the problem may be with the main ECU!

Rich ;)
Rich

That is indeed what I was trying to say. I know from experience that a loose earth on the head will cause the code light to remain on - its nothing to do with the code system as such.

If the earth wire is either not fitted correctly the it can work loose and intermittent issues can occur which show up as eml not coming on and code light not going off.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No need to change the locks. Install the new ECU and immobilizer box. Switch over the transponder chip from the new master key to your old one and reprogram the old keys to the new immobilizer box. The programming procedure is described in detail in the work shop manual.
Is that the process where you 1st switch on with the master key (after replacing the chip) and then off. You can then program the old keys one by one by using each to switch on/off (within 10 seconds)?

Cheers

Rich ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts