Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my Spider 2.0 TS (Year2000 so I assume it is a CF2 engine) I have a problem with a stable idling before the engine is completely warmed up.

The problem is when I removed the foot from the accelerator, then the engine revs drops to a level where the motor is close to stall, then it revs up and down a few times before the idle is stable at approx. 800 prm

The problem is not present at a cold start and it is only present before the engine is fully warmed up.

I haven't yet had a diagnostic system connected but can any one direct me which signal I should have a closer look at?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I have the same problem but it comes and goes.

My primary suspects are the Intake pipe immediately before the Throttle body (mine is held together with tape), the Air filter (unknown age as the airbox is seized solid) or the Lambda.

R

·
0 Posts
Fuel evaporation valve was definately the issue for mine even when coasting clutch in at say 20mph no steady idle then suddenly drops

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the feedback, but it still puzzle me that if I take the car for a long drive at high speed then I don't see the problem.
After such a drive the the engine is idling perfect

If it was the air intake pipe that caused the problem then I should still see the issue. Right?

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fuel evaporation valve was definately the issue for mine even when coasting clutch in at say 20mph no steady idle then suddenly drops
Please elaborate what you mena by this comment.
What valve are you refering to?

R

·
0 Posts
Please elaborate what you mena by this comment.
What valve are you refering to?
Hi on the end of the aluminium plenum is a blue pipe this pipe runs to a valve under the right hand engine hand engine cover minted in a rubber mount.
Put 12v across it and check it clicks two pin doesn't matter which way round the power is connected."

·
Registered
257 Posts
On mine is is mounted under the throttle body. It is a small round black cannister with a pipe in and out, and a small electrical connection. The blue pipe changes to an aluminium one that runs under the plenum to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts