Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with my 1,4MA 170hp. For the last couple of months I have had an "P0555 - Brake Vacuum Pressure switch" error. Since then, I've tried to change the Vacuum Sensor for the brake booster, I've checked wiring for the sensor, checked that there is vacuum from the valve cover and so on.
None of it had helped.
Lately i have found out, that the error only occurs when I have low beam on, and I put it in reverse. If I only use LED headlights the error would not occur.

Sorry if my English isn't perfect, but I hope someone can help me.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I would check the hatch wiring looms as it could well be they are shorting out across circuits/to earth causing all manner of strange things to go on.

pull back the rubber 2 boots and see what condition the wiring is in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would check the hatch wiring looms as it could well be they are shorting out across circuits/to earth causing all manner of strange things to go on.

pull back the rubber 2 boots and see what condition the wiring is in.
Thanks. I would try that next time I have time for it. I already fixed the wiring at that point to the rear view wiper, but I haven't thought about it this time.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
If it’s gone once I would bet it’s gone again as the factory wiring is not good. I would suggest replacing both sides with new silicone repair looms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it’s gone once I would bet it’s gone again as the factory wiring is not good. I would suggest replacing both sides with new silicone repair looms.
I'm going to check the wiring. I just can see exactly how the boot wiring is connected to the vacuum switch

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
It’s not directly connected but if you have a leakage to ground/across different circuits then that can cause strange faults to occur

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now the real mistiry has started. Now the error came just as I was about to drive forward. I was reading a sign at the side of the road, first gear, clutch and brake down and engine running. Just as I let go off the clutch, the check engine light came up again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts