Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally managed to pull these codes off the wifeys alfa 156 ts 1.8 1999

code P0115 Coolant Temperature Crcuit Malfunction

code P0325 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction (bank 1 or single sensor)

these 2 codes came back after clearing them.
at cold it revs well but as soonas the engine managment light comes on it goes into limp mode.

any ideas guys?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,

I have two photocopy articles from Car Mechanics Electronics Diagnostic features, one for the TS engine the other the V6. Both highlight coolant temp sensor faults (the TS engine) and knock sensor faults V6 as very common.

Can scan and e-mail to you I you want? ::(

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
1sr code is cause by either a faulty sensor or blown blub wher ethe RED light should be. when you turn on the key to MAR the red ligtht to the right of the hIGHES|T reading shouldilluminate ... if not the bulb or its connection is blown/loose

knock sensor, white connector, the sensor could be defective or badly connected.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1sr code is cause by either a faulty sensor or blown blub wher ethe RED light should be. when you turn on the key to MAR the red ligtht to the right of the hIGHES|T reading shouldilluminate ... if not the bulb or its connection is blown/loose

knock sensor, white connector, the sensor could be defective or badly connected.

have you got a [picture of this bulb please? sorry to be a pain :cry:

Just sent e-mail, let me know how you get on?
cheers Tom recieved it and its very interesting reading :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update for those searching....

sorted these 2 codes now :)

P0115 sorted by replacing coolant tempreture sensor

the P0325 was the pin i broke on the ecu.
so i hard wired it and now its gone :)

the performance is very impressive now and gets upto 60mph very quickly :)

thanks guys

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, ive just plugged my 147 in to a diagnoses unit and has come up with p0115 as the only fault code.after having a look it seems to relate to th cooling system i havnt noticed any problems regarding this only that it seems to take a long drive to get th needle to rise on the gauge but am thinkin this might be due to the cold weather the only real problem i have is that it seems to be runing quiet rich as i can smell petrol when parking up etc could this be something to do with this fault code.any replies will be very gratefull as th only advice seems to be coming from a scare mongering colleague.

P.s i havnt had an engine light on just wanted to test th new toy out.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cheers mate i think i may hav found the problem with smell after the computer went mental on the way home saying oil pressure low stopped about 2 miles later opened the bonnet to find the engine bay covered in oil filler cap resting on rocker cover, looks like i didnt put the cap back on when i topped her up thats been like that for over 2 weeks bit worried ive damaged the engine now i put a litre in which i had in the boot to get me the last 10 miles home not exceeding 4000 revs but tht litre didnt even read on the stick.filled it up this morning and sounds alright not overheating after running it for 15mins and cant see any blue smoke is there anything else to look out for???

AND THE MAIN ONE WHATS THE EASIEST AND CHEAPEST WAY TO CLEAN THE ENGINE OF OIL!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good luck..... hope the engine survives ok, the twin spark’s known for its weakness (bottom end) when run low on oil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts