Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Happy holidays to all and best wishes :)

I have had my Giulietta 1.4 Multiair since October 2014 and about 6 months after purchase I would occasionally get the start/stop error light on the dashboard. This was easily fixed by turning the car off and back on. I am not sure if the start/stop actually worked or not but I always had it turned off to begin with.

I took the dealer on Monday for its first service with only requests to check the start/stop, break squeezing sometimes and the if there was anything out of ordinary with the car as its mpg consumption was high even though I am not driving the car aggressively (~10l/100km).

I got the car back on the same day and they told me the battery wasn't fully charged so they had to recharge it which would fix the start/stop errors, no issue with the breaks or car relating to mpg. They changed the normal service stuff like air filters, oil etc. I was pretty happy to say the least.

Then last night, while driving in the city, the engine error and start/stop warning light up, the DNA is stuck on normal and won't switch (no error message given though) and the start/stop light on the activate/deactivate switch remains on despite dash saying start/stop is activating or deactivating. I am not 100% sure whether the turbo is working either as I can't hear any turbo whoosh sound but it "seems" that it is active. Haven't driven the car since last night as I don't want to put any unneeded pressure until Monday when I will be taking it to the dealers and only turned on the car while in the garage brefiely to check the engine sound and if the other stuff worked.

I am pretty much gutted and don't know if it's something they did. I will be taking the car to the dealership on Monday but was wondering if anyone has any insight of what the problem/s might be.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the car has been at the dealer from Monday. First they disabled the warning lights, but after taking it on a test drive they commented that the engine worked quite high on idle and could be a problem with air intake or a sensor.

They proceeded to check all sensors one by one but today we were notified that they were bringing another car from the show room to swap ECUs as they think there iS a fault with the ECU with reading certain sensors.

Now I'm quite troubled with what this means. Is it a simple a swapping ECU? What is the cost? What's the impact on my car. Is the car covered by warranty?

And all this after taking it in for its first yearly service...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts