Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

After a convertion from selespeed to manual, in which the engine ECU haven't been changed, the car (147 2.0 ts) won't rev over 4500. i'm looking for the easiest and cheapest solution.

Is it possible to change some parameters on my ecu to make it work? looking over the net makes me think it is possible, and might be even pretty easy?
If i'll put an ECU that came from a manual, will I encounter more problems?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
you need an ECU from a manual with fly by wire throttle....

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
From memory you cannot simply do this, even changing a selespeed ecu from the earlier sele to a later version upsets the engine ecu.I suspect the cheapest way to solve this problem is to buy an engine ecu kit from ebay for the type you have now fitted.They run in at from £80 nowadays.Rarebear is clued up on seles and i agree with his input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys,
Wasn't looking to change the sele ecu at all, the engine ecu has a program which needs changes as it think there's a sele ecu mounted in the car. As a result i cant rev over 4500 rpm, and i get error U1711 which means baisicly - "You dont have a sele ecu in the car and i'm looking for it".

2 ways to solve this problem:
1. Buy a complete new virgin engine ecu (manual ofc) and mount it in the car, or buy a used one ands make it virgin again.
2. Reprogramming the currect ecu which is made for sele and make it good for manual box.

I'm currently looking for way 2, will let you know when all is finally done.
Hope my expirience will help someone, as I enjoy the manual box much more then the sele, it was way too much trouble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts