Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

First proper post after my intro in newbies area!

For some unknown reason my new 159 1.9 doesn't have a plastic engine cover. So I've got a couple of questions:

1) Does it matter?
2) Where could I get one from and how much would it cost?

Can't imagine where it's gone, the garage I bought it from have no idea what's happened to it!

Thanks all, expect more posts in the future :)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Did it have one when you looked at the car? If so they should get you a new one... if not then im not sure on how you stand with that, I would have thought they should still get a new or another one fitted? Are there 4 little black plastic screws with balls on visible?

I have run mine without but not for long, it does seem to dampen the noise slightly but mine has had under bonnet grade sound proofing added to the underside of it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did it have one when you looked at the car? If so they should get you a new one... if not then im not sure on how you stand with that, I would have thought they should still get a new or another one fitted? Are there 4 little black plastic screws with balls on visible?

I have run mine without but not for long, it does seem to dampen the noise slightly but mine has had under bonnet grade sound proofing added to the underside of it!
It didn't have one when I looked at it so I guess they have no obligation to get one for me. I'll have a look for the screws. Such an odd thing to go missing......

Interesting about the sound-proofing, does it make much difference? It's quite a rattly engine!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The plastic cover does seem to make a little difference but mine used to rattle on its mountings making it more nosiy than not having it so when i refitted it i padded it out with soundproofing behind the material that is already clipped on the reverse of the cover and it has made it less harsh with the "tappy" noise if that makes sense....

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Could have been removed during service and forgotten, this happened to me once but I noticed before I left the garage! Or it was just rattling like mine...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts