Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I gave Gui 1.6 diesel and i wanna wash the engine ( It seems very dirty). Any suggestion ? Does the foam lance damage any parts under the car bonnet or should i conceal some places that can be affected ?

·
Registered
410 Posts
There are too many electrical connectors everywhere , you will probably damage the insulation on some of them. The
plastic boots on plugs gets brittle with age .There are aerosols that clean using a small paint brush.

·
Registered
36,829 Posts
I just clean the main bits with a minimal amount of water and a bit of the stuff for the black plastic shields. There is something about a very clean engine bay that worries me !

·
Registered
38,687 Posts
I have cleaned engines and stuff with brake cleaner in the past.

It stinks a bit and you should only clean a cold engine, but it works and wont get into the electrics as it dries up quickly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would recommend Autoglym products. Used them and quite happy. I use 'engine and machine cleaner' to clean and then whilst still wet i spray everything with 'vinyl and rubber care'. Leave the car to dry over night and the next day you will have a pleasant surprise when opening the bonnet. Guaranted

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Apologies. Not using this tapatalk app for long so did not realise I am posting in the wrong section as an 159 owner. :(

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Apologies. Not using this tapatalk app for long so did not realise I am posting in the wrong section as an 159 owner. :(

I believe you can post whatever you want in whatever lounge you like, as long as it's relevant to the thread, but then again, that's not always the case:biglaugh:

·
Registered
36,829 Posts
I don't think there was a problem here? He may have looked for an update and not found it as he didn't obviously know where he'd posted it in the Giulietta area bug . In case you were concerned, I was actually joking when I spotted the difference rather than suggesting he was not allowed to post amongst another model.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts