Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine needs a clean, looking a little untidy. Going to start with the aluminium covers, the ones with the red lettering. I believe the cover with 'Alfa Romeo' lettering is easy to remove, just four allen head bolts. What about the cover where the chrome pipes exit, the one with 'GTA' on it, is this easy to remove, does it affect engine settings by doing so?

·
Premium Member
7,750 Posts
...... What about the cover where the chrome pipes exit, the one with 'GTA' on it, is this easy to remove, does it affect engine settings by doing so?
Not easy to remove at all, as you'll need to remove intake runners.... however, shouldn't affect any settings.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used Autosol alluminium cleaner on mine with a toothbrush....sounds daft but you can get into all of the gaps. I then used a larger, stiff nylon bristled brush to remove the residue. I bought some heat resistant paint and then repainted the raised lettering. It looks quite good now, and Autosol metal polish seems to work well on the runners. This method works well without going to the extremes of removing the plenium chamber. There are some great thread in the detailing lounge on engine bay cleaning.

·
Registered
900 Posts
all been said above, just have a good read on different cleaning methods,

Im a toothbrush man aswel

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I'd like to do this but I'm lazy :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts