Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys 'n' Gals - following on from a recent mishap (no names :p ) , I thought I would add these pics with the 'key' added to aid you when topping up your fluids - this info is in the manual, but the 'key' is on a seperate page - just thought it would be good for future on-line reference :)

1.4 Petrol version

1.4 Petrol Turbo version

1.3 JTDm version

1.6 JTDm version

Attachments

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Ah, a caring, sharing Jon this morning. Bless.

;)

Seriously though - always wise to check fluid levels and put them in the correct places :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I earn misbehaviour points by doing these 'nice' things :lol:

Was worrying to read about water being added to the brake fluid reservoir :eek: - so thought I would 'collate' the info from the manual :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks 0of0, good idea!

Although I did misread the title of this thread as "engine bay detonation pics" and was expecting something quite messy!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
No names...cough cough....

It doesn't actually say in the manual that it was the brake fluid reservoir...Easy mistake...

If I keep telling myself that it will be true lol.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Thanks Jon. Worth pointing out that the pictures seem to be of LHD models and on RHD models the brake fluid is on the otherside like this. I think, oh I just don't know anymore, just like the bloke Kev in the Paul Whitehouse sketch.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,180 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed the anomoly between LHD & RHD when pics were posted in the 'help' thread last night

These lil pics may also help - usually found on the top of the various filler caps

Washer reservoir

Brake fluid

Coolant

Engine Oil

Attachments

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No worries, hope it helps :)

Now can I be bad for a while? :evil: :lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
No pics of the Multiair engines yet? I was wondering if they come with two batteries? I guess they have to, what with the stop/go function which I imagine would be impossible with a single battery?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No pics of the Multiair engines yet? I was wondering if they come with two batteries? I guess they have to, what with the stop/go function which I imagine would be impossible with a single battery?
The multi-air engines are in the manual I have, but as no-one has one yet, I didn't think it was worth posting - only seems to be one battery in the engine bay BTW

The symbols posted above are still relevant though :)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Jo'h'n, are you feeling ok today? you seem to be helping MiTo owners.

A miracle has happened lol

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jo'h'n, are you feeling ok today? you seem to be helping MiTo owners.

A miracle has happened lol
*this is a recording, the real Jon has left the building* :lol:

Would prefer that yesterday's mis-hap was avoided in the future & if my little contribution to TMCT helps that, all the better :D

Plus, am sure this gets me at least 10 misbehaviour points :lol:

Isn't Jon always nice to Mito owners? :confused:
Naughty, but nice :p :evil: :lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
The multi-air engines are in the manual I have, but as no-one has one yet, I didn't think it was worth posting - only seems to be one battery in the engine bay BTW

The symbols posted above are still relevant though :)
That's interesting, thanks. I think at least the Toyota i-stop system uses two batteries, a main battery and a sub battery? I wonder how well a single battery would take the power consumption and loading?

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
No worries, hope it helps :)

Now can I be bad for a while? :evil: :lol:
you have earned your badness allowance today huggy....go for ithugz

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Good call Jon:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts