Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I normally lurk on the classics lounge but after quite a bit of paint work my engine bay is very dusty on top of the years of oil and grime so it needs a good clean.

Can anyone recommend a good product to shift most of this, a friend had suggested a snow foam product but remembering that I still have a distributor and exposed electrics I think it may be too wet?

Also while I'm on can anyone recommend a good dry shampoo and polish to reduce the times I get the car wet.

Thanks

Simon

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Hi all,

I normally lurk on the classics lounge but after quite a bit of paint work my engine bay is very dusty on top of the years of oil and grime so it needs a good clean.

Can anyone recommend a good product to shift most of this, a friend had suggested a snow foam product but remembering that I still have a distributor and exposed electrics I think it may be too wet?
I'd be interested too. Just been careful to the point that I use a dry rag :lol:

Reactions: lukica159

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys ?️ I will male a full engine detailing today and will post some pictures of work in progress as weell as the products that I use I recommend Valet Pro APC (all purpose ckeaner) dieluted 1:10 for heavy contamination or 1:20 for regullar maintance. I will use some brushes and soft lambskin large brush. I reccomend covering the wireing and ecu with PVC bags to keep the water penetration just in case. Make sure you use microfiber towels/rags to wipe everything off. At the end I will put some plastic dressing to make it look new. I reccomend Meguiars Trim detailer for that use.

Cheers ?️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is verry good shampoo that gives a lot of suds and foam from little ammount of product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
Cannot think of any dry shampoo products. You need some kind of lubrication between a mitt and the paint or you will risk damaging the paint. If the paint is almost perfectly clean you could use a QD (Quick Detailer), other alternatives could be a waterless wash but you will need quite a few mf cloths to make this safe. I use a rinsless wash which is rather like a normal shampoo but instead of rinsing with water you simply wipe the surface with a drying towel. I can give a quick wash, dry and wax in under 20 minutes without much effort

1 - 6 of 6 Posts