Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine comes to an end in mid-Feb and the salesman has set up a meeting for this Friday.
I'm not massively comfortable with a face-to-face meeting at this juncture but I do have to make some major decisions, as in:

(a)...Keep my MY19 Milano and stump up probably more than its worth to make it mine all mine;

(b)...Allow myself to be sold a new car with all that entails; lengthy wait if a new build, loadsofmoney etc. and have no car in the interim – at least I assume that’s how it works.

(c)...Walk away; have no car; be 20 x £580 worse off and only memories of a great car that I only managed 7,500ish miles in.

If (b) above - not a clue which way to jump. Unlike the rest of the World I'm happy enough with running a diesel on the cost basis, also not too worried by the lesser horsepowers against the 280 Petrol.

What is the current equivalent of the Milano? I love all the bells and whistles it came with and reluctant to settle for less in the next car. I assume it’s the Veloce, so with the sunroof I have now and needing the £1500 performance pack to be equal with the features, it’s an eye watering £52,500 list price. OK Carwow can shave a few grand off that or I could I be really lucky and get an ex demo with a few extras and several £K under list.

Anyone else in a similar position?

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
I’m wondering what will happen when I’m in the same position in December at the end of a 36 month pcp. As you say there may not be any equity in the car so cutting losses and handing it back is possible. I’ve hardly used my Stelvio for one reason and another. The difference may be that the Tonale could be round the corner by December.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will be in the Same Position at the end of this year as well. I have a 2018 Milano 280 hp Lusso with cream interior which I love. Problem going forward is that Lusso only available with 200 hp engine now which I can’t drop down to.
Can’t see myself paying £52K odd for a Veloce which I believe to be a lesser spec than what I currently have. Probably will go with your option A and keep her as a better alternative doesn’t seem out there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
A new car should be able to be had for £7-8k off list possibly more, they have lots of stock cars in the UK.

Have you checked WeBuyAnyCar or Wizzle or Motorway to see what people will offer you direct to purchase it?

check out Autotrader to see what similar age/spec/optioned cars are being offered at. This should give you an idea at the profit margin in the deal for the dealer.

Compare above to your GFV on the PCP and see what’s worth doing.

Unless your going to keep the car for another3-4 years, I wouldn’t buy it out of the PCP deal if it’s worth less than the GFV.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Before you go into Fridays meeting i would make sure im well prepared as SteveeGee says make sure you know what your car is worth and also theres no harm getting prices for stock cars from other dealerships - im not sure who your local dealer is but i know on Beechdale website they are offering upto 11k off stock prices. Be prepared to walk away and go away and think things over.
The advantages of buying out the PCP and keeping it is that you know how well its been treated/driven also keeping it for another 3/4 yrs there will still be some value left in the vehicle come to part ex and who knows in 3/4 yrs time the Stelvio could have moved on with updates a lot more significant, than the 3 yrs worth of updates since you bought it, which makes for a more compelling reason to change.
Good luck. I still have 2 yrs left on a 4yr PCP so will be faced with the same dilemma come the time but i will still have an extra yr warranty as had the 5-3-5 deal.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Of course if you've been a member of AROC for 6 months or more you're eligible for the Affinity scheme which does give some very good deals on new cars either by purchase or contract........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts