Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just been cleaning and hoovering out the V40 before taking the pics for the advert.
Had it since new in '97 and apart from the usual consumables and a wheel bearing its been 120K miles totally without problem.Says a lot for Volvo's build quality back then.
As I have no idea where the cost of petrol is going (at least 150p a litre I suspect)
I'm not rushing to buy a decent replacement and have just bought an old (2001 ) Ford Focus automatic as a stop gap.The good news is that its only done 34K and has obviously been owned by someone who didn't have children or dogs ( just goes to show there are some sensible people out there).
Looking into the crystal ball I see an oil burner that does 50-60 mpg as the next real daily driver,lets hope all this middle east nonsense ends soon and petrol prices stabilise and I don't need the oil burner.Can then look for something interesting.
Oh well,must now brace myself for the usual crop of chancers that seem to turn up in response to cheap car adverts.

K

·
0 Posts
Why are you binning the V40?

We're on a our second phase 2 S40 and, as family cars, they make a huge amount of sense.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it makes sense to spend a few quid on it and keep it but its the last of a long line of Volvo estates going back more than 30 years and I think its time for a change.Mrs T also wants to drive again and running a second car for her doesn't make much sense given our limited mileage now
hence the his and hers Focus.
As I have been very sensible on the daily driver there is the faintest glimmer of hope that a second
Sunday afternoon car may be allowed on the drive so may just go back to the GTV V6 idea
to keep the Spider company.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts