Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has come across Checkpoint Endpoint Security USB encryption before. I've been given a corrupted encrypted USB drive by a friend who's corporate IT team are refusing to help recover the data from.

From what I can gather the drive is partitioned into 2. One 4MB partition that includes a program called "access to business data.exe" and some other files. Running this program and entering the password should unlock the second encrypted partition. The 4MB partition is corrupted and is showing as RAW format.

Does anyone have experience of recovering these drives, the portable unlock "access to business data.exe" file (I think this may be useless without the other files in the same partition as well) or how to recover files from a RAW partition?

I've already tried recuva and another data recovery package that I've forgotten the name of!

Cheers

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you create a new drive/partition on a clean key and try and copy the encrypted data over?
Ideally I was hoping to do that (assuming the config files in the corrupted partition don't contain part of an asymmetric key) but the software is all behind a membership wall. Her IT department aren't interested and I can't reach install files.
Can you create a new drive/partition on a clean key and try and copy the encrypted data over?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts