Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting a pop up in the top left hand side of the screen which asks me to enable push notifications.

What are they and why do I want them?

·
Administrator
86,752 Posts
If you accept you get instant notifications of Alerts (thread replies, conversations & Likes etc.) to your mobile 👍

·
Registered
12,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew that you would, er, pop up! :p

OK thanks, I don't have AO on my mobile but if I do accept the notifications and get too many of the things, can I later make changes in the settings somewhere?

·
Administrator
86,752 Posts

·
Administrator
86,752 Posts

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
So it isn't just mobiles. Fair enough. Trouble is it occurs every time I log on. Seems it is just like cookies and is cleared when I quit the browser

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Yes, very annoying, I get them every day. I only get them on my PC, not on mobile.
I get all the notifications I need in the normal way.
This forum's hardly of such importance for me to need anything more urgent than the system that's always existed.

Any way to stop the damn pop-up? As it's within the site itself, sadly anti-banner / pop-up has no effect on it.

·
Administrator
2,337 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks for your feedback, I'll see if I can sneak a fix into this weeks update to help you permanently disable these notifications.

For clarification, you'll still be able to enable these push notifications that will appear on your device. On my Mac it looks like:

And I have heard some PCs display it in the lower right.
It pops up like a toaster
And just like in the Gif, it'll disappear about that quickly too, depending on your device's setting.

Let me know if you need further clarification on how it works, and I hope to roll out a resolution to those who continue to see the notification.

-Gerrit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts