Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had an Alfa for 6 months, already i'm fixing the bugs and sprucing my GT up for a north east meet. I read this (Another Alfa boss goes - Confidential) and actually got ******ed off! I hate ppl slagging off Alfas especially when i doubt they've owned one!

It never happend with my Seat or Vauxhall! :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
i sell alfas for a living - used ones and its the only car sales job i have ever had where everyone comes in moaning about their reliability, every customer i tell the same thing, its not the cars its the owners, alfas need looking after like any make really and even though they come in negative they always seem to buy one from me!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i sell alfas for a living - used ones and its the only car sales job i have ever had where everyone comes in moaning about their reliability, every customer i tell the same thing, its not the cars its the owners, alfas need looking after like any make really and even though they come in negative they always seem to buy one from me!

........... What a great job you have mate..........:)

Cheers to All
peter

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I think that paper has said what I've never dare say on this Forum.
Alfa are upmarket Fiats.
I have one, I enjoy it, but I just can't get over the amount of trouble that Alfa has in GB and complaints that are on this site about reliability.
Like the man says. Its like any other car, take care of it and it'll take care of you. I seems maintenance seems to be lacking badly in most cases to come up with so many complaints and issues about an otherwise reliable car.

Alfa's are a no problem car here and a nice change from the usual crowd.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Totally agree i have had mine 6 months now and for ages i was put off by people saying it will breakdown etc. But i check oil weekly and have a quick look around and it does just need looking after. I enjoy the fact i have to go and check the oil weekly as it gets you more involved with the car. Some cars you dont even open the bonnet for anything but putting windowscreen washer fluid in.

I love the alfa, fantastic to drive i would buy another one if i could.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Aye! I think the preventative maintenance aspect is part of the pleasure of owning it. The Younger Mrs S. likens Tarquini to a racing car.. :D

I suppose some brands that require little or no owner intervention might be considered more reliable.. but I consider them more as "appliances".

Having said that, I can't see why AR should logically be less reliable than anything else.. the number of AR made parts in the car is actually very small... electrics are normally Bosch, brakes are Girling, clutch are Borg & Beck, springs are Boge, radiator is Valeo... these are brands that are a) reputable and b) used by other manufacturs... they can't go wrong more, just because they're sitting in an Alfa. :confused:

Ralf S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts