Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Following my successful MOT today on my new 156 2.0 TS, I have one concern to address.

The MOT inspector noted that the idle emmisions were well over the normal level, but passed it anyway (nice man) - although he said that he wouldn't bother too much as it is running fine, I am sure that any issue causing this will have some affect, no matter how small, on the general running.

So what do you guys think this issue may be? Idle seems fine but drops a little low during the warm-up process sometimes. It does smell a little rich but doesn't smoke. It does occasionally take a few turns to get it to start (may be the battery though which I have on charge as we speak - or I type anyway!). Its too early to tell what the economy is too.

Any help appreciated.

Huch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have ordered a cone filter - will be interested to see if that helps. The air filter box (standard one) has corroded, and is now flapping about in the engine bay - basically just resting on pipes. I doubt that it is helping the situation, and the filter inside is exposed and unprotected.
So we will fit the cone, and get back to you on how it helps or hinders the problem!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts