Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just discovered that to drive in certain Teutonic towns and cities you must display an emissions decal, is this strictly true and can I just rock up in Stuttgart or Munich and get one?

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Tell them to ****** off. :)

I never see any continental motors with beam deflectors, but we all "have to" fit them when we're driving over there......... :rant:

Ralf S.

N

·
0 Posts
I never see any continental motors with beam deflectors, but we all "have to" fit them when we're driving over there......... :rant:

Because two wrongs always make a right. :rolleyes:

What next, drive on the left just to spite them? :p

People who don't adjust their lights are ****s.
Whether they are visiting the UK or Continental Europe.
;)

A

·
0 Posts
What next, drive on the left just to spite them? :p

;)

Funny you should say that as I encountered a GB motorist coming the wrong way up an autoroute entry in Northern France a few years back...No idea how far he'd been going the wrong way on the wrong carriageway though:rolleyes::rolleyes:

AlfaLincs

J

·
0 Posts
looks like i wont be going to Germany anytime soon then.......

Wonder how many tourists will get collared on this one :tut:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have just discovered that to drive in certain Teutonic towns and cities you must display an emissions decal, is this strictly true and can I just rock up in Stuttgart or Munich and get one?
Ive been to Germany 5 times in the last two or so years and never heard of or had any problems with this.
Whats happens if you own an older vehicle where it was never rated for emissions like the newer pre 2001 cars?....

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Unfortunately all drivers, german and foreign need this stupid green sticker, it is called an "Umwelt sticker". You get an on the spot 40 Euro fine (if you are foreign) or a 40 Euro fine sent to you (if German) if you enter any german city requiring this sticker.
If your car has a cat. then it is easy to get (costs 5 euros for the life of the car). If not, it has to be an historic vehicle, or you need to get the vehicle upgraded with a cat. converter. Classic cars (30 years old over here, or pre 1971 in the UK, don't have to worry, just put your V5 in the windscreen, showing where it says "historic vehicle".

ADAC (German motoring club) give info here:
Weitere Infos - Englisch

The real sticker looks like this (petrol cars): View attachment 67341

I personally recommend this one: View attachment 67342

1 - 9 of 9 Posts