Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 159 has an intermitant fault with the boot opening either from the key or button on the roof consul.
In the manual it says there is a handle under the back seats but I cant find it, does anybody know if there really is one and where it is.?
Thanks
The car doesnt have folding rear seats

·
Registered
146 Posts
There is a cable under the o/s/r seat base but to gain access you have to remove the seat base which is not easy and the plastic safety clips can break on removal and have to be replaced. Have you tried a new boot lock also the boot wiring can snap between the tailgate and the body inside the flexi joint.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
My 159 has an intermitant fault with the boot opening either from the key or button on the roof consul.
In the manual it says there is a handle under the back seats but I cant find it, does anybody know if there really is one and where it is.?
Thanks
The car doesnt have folding rear seats
It will be there

Under the base of the N/S/R seat, it is a black cable loop

Good luck

Ned

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, yes I've looked at the wiring and had the boot lock off and cleaned it.
When it works I can hear a relay clicking around the fuse box area which doesnt click when its being awkward so thats the next place to look.
As long as I know the handle is there I'll have a better look for it, the manual says its a red lever..

·
Registered
253 Posts
+1 took me ages to find it, lot of sweat to lift the corner of the seat and could have been easier with really thin fingers with hooks on the end to get hold of the loop. I suggest you use some form of hook to grab the loop, then it took a real tug to free off the latch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts