Alfa Romeo Forum banner

How many emails a month do you send yourself?

• None :tut:

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • 1 :)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 2 - 10 :p

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • 11 - 30 :D

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 30+ :eek:

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • ∞ :wow

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other :rolleyes:

Votes: 1 2.7%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
I usually only send them to myself when I checking to see if the accounts are working all right - although sometimes if I think of something important regarding work whilst I'm at home in the evening I may send 1 to my work account via my mobile.

Must be only about once a month though.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I sometimes send emails between home and work, as I can't access my NHS account remotely, so probably between 2 and 10 a month :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
1 a week for me... so that I have a record of 'hours worked' emails sent to my company !! :D

N

·
0 Posts
Tonnes.

o Reminders.
o Website urls.
o Easiest way to transfer text between Citrix Unix
sessions and Windoze because cut 'n' paste doesn't
work properly in Windoze :)mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: )

·
Registered
611 Posts
I voted 30+

I work in IT, so regularly send myself test e-mails from accounts I set-up, etc.

Also, I use my G-Mail as storage, so frequently send myself stuff I want to keep safe.

P.
:)

N

·
0 Posts
Sending flight, hotel and car reservations
to my phone email account so I don't have
to carry bits of paper around is another excuse!

;)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Sorry if I sound stern... :) but this isn't good practice. ( On top of being a software engineer, I took some network admin classes for a possible reconversion ;). )

It is generally wise not to store non-encrypted private information on 3rd party servers (Yahoo, Hotmail, your ISP email servers, f. ex.). There are many reasons, but for me the big one is that even when you think you deleted an email on your account, some copies of will still be available in redundant backups that are not yours... :eek:

Also, you should think of unencrypted email traveling on the Internet as a postcard. Anyone handling it can take a look at it. Depending on the law in your country, investigative action could be taken against you based on its content, without you being notified in the first place. :tut:

So, I have always loved computers, I have loved the Internet revolution and age, but the more I know and the more I think we need encrypted email and an international electronic signature system. For people as well as entities (companies, administrations, etc...).

Pfew. End rant. :p

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I probably do 2-6 a month. When I get bored at work and download a big file, or someone emails me something funny, I just send it to my email, and pick it up at home.

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
chrisd_b said:
You guys are crazy....do you also send yourself valentines day cards as well to remind you that your loved? :p ;)

Chris
I can send you one too if you really want ... ;) :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts