Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use elm327 v1.2 but when connect i get unusual diagnostic data.I test with any program but same result.By the way read and erase error's.

The car which test alfa 147 1.9JTD 2002 115HP and alfa 156 2.4JTD 136HP.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
not sure what you are asking.

ELM327 will communicate but won;t give you alot of info.

you need Alfadiag & a KKL interface for more informative diagnostics

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
not sure what you are asking.

ELM327 will communicate but won;t give you alot of info.

you need Alfadiag & a KKL interface for more informative diagnostics
Yep I've got an ELM327 interface as well as the KKL, the ELM with ItaliaCheck will only read fault codes, when I try to read other sensors (engine speed etc) the values reported are garbage ... a KKL cable with Alfadiag is what you need ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use elm327 with PCMSCAN connect to ecu read error, but information of sensors is not correct.for example : temp is always 215 C
RPM is 200 to 400.

with Alfadiag i can't connect to ecu.

Is there a way to use elm327 with alfadiag or some other program to receive correct values of sensors or this is impossible

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I use elm327 with PCMSCAN connect to ecu read error, but information of sensors is not correct.for example : temp is always 215 C
RPM is 200 to 400.
Yep those are pretty much the same results that I get ...

You can't use an ELM interface with AlfaDiag.
+1 (and I also have tried :lol:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

Get scanmaster-pro or easyobdII, works fine and gives correct readings. I also have Alfadiag, which is way better and complete, but I can only use it on some Alfas.

Cumps!!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Hi,

Get scanmaster-pro or easyobdII, works fine and gives correct readings. I also have Alfadiag, which is way better and complete, but I can only use it on some Alfas.

Cumps!!
Depends on the car ... the OP has a pre-2004 diesel which is not ODBII/EODB compatible so wouldn't work with those i'm afraid ...

·
Registered
560 Posts
I use elm327 v1.2 but when connect i get unusual diagnostic data.I test with any program but same result.By the way read and erase error's.

The car which test alfa 147 1.9JTD 2002 115HP and alfa 156 2.4JTD 136HP.

For elm327 the best software is Scanmaster ELM, It works OK on my 2.0 TS 2003 and some other models.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
For elm327 the best software is Scanmaster ELM, It works OK on my 2.0 TS 2003 and some other models.
As I think I said early in the thread, because yours is a 2001+ petrol it will be EODB (and therefore ELM compatible), the OP's cars are pre 2004 diesels and as such will not talk via ELM (and give meaningful results)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts