Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am totally ignorant in this matter, can anyone tell me where and how to connect the ELM 327 interface to the car - 147 1,6 TS - I have the free FIAT ECUSCAN software downloaded and installed on my laptop and ready to have a go at the MC reset. Someone mentioned that I need a cable from the cars ECU to adapt to the 16-pin connector of the ELM ? Also, where do I connect it to ? Stupid questions I know, but I am terrified of causing any unnecessary damage to the electronics.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you RB, are there any precautions that you know of ? Does the 16-pin connector fit straight into the ECU ?

·
Banned
857 Posts
A word of advice. There is a very high chance that your ELM327 interface, assuming it is the one shown in the attachment, will require a modification to work with the proxy alignment and service reset features. There is a termination issue with almost all the interfaces now coming out of China that is well documented in the MultiECUScan site forum that prevents these features from working. It is simply a matter of removing a resistor from the circuit board.

If all you want to do is read and reset fault codes then this shouldn't be a concern though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts