Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the KKL cable in which I do diagnostics with Multi ecu scan. But I was wondering which one would be the better one to have? KKl or ELM 327. I have also noticed that the KKL cable will not access certain parts of the ecu like the airbag or dashboard ecu. My question is, will the ELM 327 cable be able to access everything from the dashboard to airbag and dashboard and climate control etc? If not, what options do I have and what do I all needto be able to access all components?

Regards

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
This, in my experience, is litterally a hit and miss sittuation.

i don't want to use Multi ECU scan, I want to use other iPad and Windows Phone apps...but can't , as the R2300 I've spent on WiFi and OBD2 bluetooth connectors always can't see the app...even when entering all these IP numbers etc.

ma ja.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
lance your issue is due to the giulietta can line being on a completly different pin.. you can stand on your head and whistle out your butt it will not work

on the 146 you need a three pin..

reference here

Multiecuscan - Diagnostics software for Italian cars

·
Registered
13,815 Posts

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
you need cable 3

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Wildcard, on Fiats and Alfas, I find the KKL works better, seems like the ELM cable only works with the ELM software, sometimes it will work if the wind blows correctly...

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
my elm works 100% with multiecuscan. and the new version allows me to see more parameters ont he G's and 159s

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Contact Rarebear, he makes/modifies KKL leads and fully tests them before he sends them out.
Multiscan is worth its weight in gold when diagnosing faults.

Not sure if he does the 3-pin connectors though but they're cheap on eBay...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies.

This is for my fiat bravo and reason I am asking is because I can only access the engine ecu with the KKL and not the dash, climate control etc. Thus I need a cable which will allow me to access each department via the diagnosic 16 pin port under the steering wheel.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
i think you need cable no 3 for that.. check the link i posted

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

This is for my fiat bravo and reason I am asking is because I can only access the engine ecu with the KKL and not the dash, climate control etc. Thus I need a cable which will allow me to access each department via the diagnosic 16 pin port under the steering wheel.
You still need either a modified KKL lead or set of adaptors. Either contact Rarebear or type "alfa diagnostic cables" into the search box on eBay and buy a set of adaptors from Buy-from-dan, I have a set from him and they work perfectly. They should work with your Bravo and so should Multiecuscan...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the cable I was thinking of buying before I made this topic:

Diagnostic Tools - ***CLEARANCE SALE*** ELM327 USB OBD2 OBDII Auto Diagnostic Tool was sold for R129.00 on 29 Aug at 12:27 by RaceShop in Durban (ID:110228743)

But now, do you guys think I should rather get these and will they work more better or will the cable in the first link above, the ELM 327, be sufficient?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-FIAT...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3cd4b4e3a0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Alfa-...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item232e5f3087

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is the cable I was thinking of buying before I made this topic:

Diagnostic Tools - ***CLEARANCE SALE*** ELM327 USB OBD2 OBDII Auto Diagnostic Tool was sold for R129.00 on 29 Aug at 12:27 by RaceShop in Durban (ID:110228743)

But now, do you guys think I should rather get these and will they work more better or will the cable in the first link above, the ELM 327, be sufficient?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-FIAT...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3cd4b4e3a0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Alfa-...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item232e5f3087
Bump..... Which one must I buy?

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
I bought the gendan kit and have never experienced any issues with any connections. It was R1800 delivered with all licenses, software and cables and detects everything from abs to engine, airbags, aircon, whatever from gtv's to giuliettas to 159's to GT's and 156's. Always worked first time...

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
link

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Here you go: Fiat, Alfa Romeo diagnostic tools :: Gendan Automotive Products It's the second package on that page.

On ebay the seller is called sitereams but I can't find his advert today. Should be back up soon, or just buy from Gendan directly. They provide a year's back-up and updates as well. The kit comes with a CAN module on EOBD-II cable as well as VAG-KKL cable. The CAN module makes for the easiest connection. The adapters (4 of them: Green, yellow, red, purple) are for accessing various ecu's but the software guides you for example when interogating the ABS ecu it will tell you "Ensure GREEN adapter is plugged in"... You click yes or no, and the connects immidiately. The price now is 114.95 pounds but worked out to around R1800 landed inclusive of taxes and took around a week to arrive.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts