Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Yes good option. I asked this question a week or so again.

One company asked for a photo of the crank pulley and it's size then they can make a kit for you.

Bit pricey for me at the moment but something I'd like to do in the future.

Bit like fuel injection but with carbs. Nice :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
you can buy a trigger wheel and then weld it to your front pulley.

i used a 8v pully on my 16v, machined a recess in the trigger wheel to allow me to align it, spot welded then spun it up on my lathe to make sure it runs true, then back of and welded fully..

ford wasted spark coil packs and plug leads, throw the dizzy away and fit a throttle position sensor to either one of the carbs or the throttle bar.

megajolt is very very easy to set up and works well, my 16v starts on the button, even from cold, idles and runs very strongly.

i believe the carbs on these engines are very good, it has always been ignition that lets them down.

with wasted spark coils you get a much stronger spark as the dwell is electronically control instead of controlled by points or traditional electronic ignition

thats my engine i built over a year ago, you can see the front pulley and the sensor mounted under the alternator
go for it!!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
ah yes this is the company I contacted.

They just asked for the size of my crank pulley and a photo (engine details also of course) and they would put together a kit suited for your engine needs.

:thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts