Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy ,

I have an intriguing question regarding the electric seats.

My car has normal manual seats .

I got a good deal from a scrapyard for the electric leather seats.

Including the rear leather seats .

My question is this .
Will the seats be plug and play, getting it over with just a proxy alignment and two fuses on the rear fuse box ?

What do you guys think ?

My car is an Alfa 159 2.4 Qtronic from 2007

The donor car is an Alfa 159 2.4 Qtronic .

Your opinions are highly appreciated.

I have attached a pdf with the schematics from eLearn .

Hope it help

With Kind Regards
Enerik

Attachments

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Yes, assuming your car is pre-wired for them, you may need the driver's door module as I believe this is where the memory settings for the seats are stored.

Do you have electric mirrors also?

I haven't done this personally, but some have and may be better placed to advise, I think @Mirafioriman has done this job.

As stated, you will likely need a proxi-alignment following the work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, assuming your car is pre-wired for them, you may need the driver's door module as I believe this is where the memory settings for the seats are stored.

I haven't done this personally, but some have and may be better placed to advise, I think @Mirafioriman has done this job.

Yes , i have electric foldable mirrors.

I will do a check under the seat to see the connectors are there.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I've just done this with my car. Seats from an '09 car into a '58 car.
Both cars have two electrical plugs/sockets under each seat. Before you start spending money have a look under yours and check you've got them.
Swapping the seats was was straightforward, plug and play on my car. No flashing odometer indicating a CanBus error. BUT I never checked to see if the memory function worked at that point.
Swapping the mirrors and control units over has caused a CanBus error with flashing odometer. The memory aspect of the seats works fine so, if it's associated with the door control module that's working.
A Proxy Alignment failed twice on my car on the passenger door node though. As far as I know all functions are working correctly on that door but I need to try another unit on it next week to see if that cures it.
Guy

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

OP has posted that he already has the electric mirrors, I suspect that he won't need to perform a Proxy Alignment based on my car not needing one when the seats were swapped for electric/memory ones.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OP has posted that he already has the electric mirrors, I suspect that he won't need to perform a Proxy Alignment based on my car not needing one when the seats were swapped for electric/memory ones.
Hello budy ,

Can you give me a bit more information regarding the alfa model also the production year .

So far i understand that everything went plug and play for you ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just a quick update .

I went to my car to check if a connector was present .
And to my suprise there was a black connector .

Here are a few picture of the connector.

20210408_145135.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hello budy ,

Can you give me a bit more information regarding the alfa model also the production year .

So far i understand that everything went plug and play for you ?
Both cars were Ti Sportwagons, one a late 2008 registered 2.4 Q4 the other an early 2009 registered 1.9. Date of production? no idea!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both cars were Ti Sportwagons, one a late 2008 registered 2.4 Q4 the other an early 2009 registered 1.9. Date of production? no idea!
Thank you ✌

It looks like i may be having some electric seats soon hahahaha.

I will get back on the forum to share my experience on swapping the seats.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Grab the mirrors and door modules from the scrap yard too if you haven't already they are different with electric memory seats. You'll need to turn on the passenger mirror dipping function with MES and do a proxi alignment.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Grab the mirrors and door modules from the scrap yard too if you haven't already they are different with electric memory seats. You'll need to turn on the passenger mirror dipping function with MES and do a proxi alignment.
Hello bud,

I already have the folding mirrors .
Do i need to change the mirrors also?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Folding mirrors on a 159 are different depending on whether the car has electric memory seats or not. Electric memory ones have 13 wires on drivers side and 11 on the other.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts