Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The children played in my 156 2,0-'99 while I was washing it today. They also enjoy driving the Alfa and play with everything they can reach, and I ususally have to switch everything off before driving again.
When we were done I drove away and noticed after a while that the turn indicator had given up, so had the aircon, front windows, mirror adjustment and the windshield wiper. Flashing lights working for some reason.
Has anyone had this one before? I have checked all fuses in the motor room and lower left side. Power is available except for the windshield wipers.
I have found a German thread with the exact same problems, but noone had posted an answer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello.
Sorry to answer to an old thread but im interested if anyone have find a solution to this problem.. I have exactly the same thing going on, ac, wipers, side indicators, front lights (parking lights still Work) electrical windows.. None of these isnt working.
They do work sometimes, usually when the car have been untouched for a while. When they work, I shut the car down and then start it again. after that, they have stopped working. Anybody got ideas to this kind of problem? :) a relay maybe, but what relay?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
answer

long time ago now, but I Think the problem was a defective fuse (inside) that i missed when looking at them the first time.
Later it blew again, and if I recall right the fuse installed was smaller than required so I put in the right one, and therafter no more problem.
So find the fuse and spray the connections

·
Registered
2 Posts
answer

long time ago now, but I Think the problem was a defective fuse (inside) that i missed when looking at them the first time.
Later it blew again, and if I recall right the fuse installed was smaller than required so I put in the right one, and therafter no more problem.
So find the fuse and spray the connections
Do you know what fuse it was as I’m having that now

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
My Honda Civic had a very similar issue. The fuse in the manual was labelled IG2 HAC but that did zero to tell me what it actually powered. Frustrated the hell out of me.

As your fault has taken out multiple systems with no apparent changes I suspect it's a very similar all eggs in one basket fuse. I don't have my 156 manual to hand to advise further sorry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone else had this issue as I’m needing to fix ASAP
Hi.

I got mine sorted out years ago and the fault was burned ignition barrel switch wire couplings. Worth to check the ignition barrel switch and the contacts if it is defect in your case too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts