Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've been having some electrical gremlins in my 2005 GT for some time. I keep getting messages that my boot is open (it's not) and some lights are out (they are not). I'd like to get it looked at at an affordable garage. I've recently moved to Reading. Does anyone know of a small, independent Alfa-interested garage in this area? I also need to get my MOT done. I'd be very grateful for any help. Also need to get some dints and scrapes sorted out.

Thanks,
Ronan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for those recommendations. Will check them out. I anticipate that the Whitequay authorised dealership is very expensive.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Whitequay isnt too bad, and the staff are very helpful so you would be wise to go and check them out. I've also used Alan Gibson in Basingstoke who are only Alfa servicing approved, but their costs aren't too hideous and again are very helpful :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
whitequay are thieveing b**tards! they wanted £2000 to change both CATs on my 147!!! Went elsewhere once i knew the problem only £550!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you want good quality at a reasonable price and are willing to travel a little, try A & M Alfas in Wickham (south of Alton on the A32). They were less than half the price of Whitequay in Reading. Looking at other theads lots of owners in Hampshire and Berkshire have had a good experience with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks very much fot all the tips gents. What a great resource this is. I booked in with AlfaAid next week. Are A&M Alfas in Wickham likely to be more affordable?

And thank for the welcome Ronan. You're the reason I had to put a number after my name:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts