Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I left my Alfa for a month without removing the battery (yes, silly I know) and now obviously it's dead. I put it on a quick charge for 3hours on 6amps and tried to put it back on. As soon as I installed the battery some strange clicking noises started coming from the front and I the blinkers just wouldn't stop blinking. I tried to start the engine but then there was just another click and it was dead again. Also, when I turned on the charger it said that the battery is full, which might not be true because it's a cheap one and I'm using it for the 1st time.

Now I've put the battery on charge again but I don't know what to do. Shall I leave it overnight or look for the problem somewhere else? I am not sure if the ground (earth) cable is properly connected, because I remember it was connected to the battery above the negative cable before I removed it. Is it possible that my battery is completely dead or something has gone wrong with the electrics in the car, because of these strange noises and the blinkers? The strangest thing is the alarm didn't start, I tried using the remote but there are no signs of life...

D

·
0 Posts
3 hours isnt enough if the battery was completely out.
Try charging it overnight first

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It ain't dead until it's fully charged and dead!

Put it on a slow charge for 24 hours to be sure. Your symptoms are typical of a flat battery and 3 hours isn't long enough to resurrect it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
As we're on the subject - My car has been sat for the past month & I don't plan on moving it for another month or so. I've removed the negative terminal, should be OK like this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts