Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
The rear brake and taillight bulb blew on my 156TS, after i replaced it, it has been on all the time, ie with ignition switched off, lights switched off, the only way i can turn it off is to remove the bulb, i have tested the wires in the connector and there is one a yellow with red stripe that is permanant live, none of the other lights or electrics ion the car are affected, please help!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
The controller for the lights is built into the tachometer. When this fails, the brake light stays on. I suspect this may be your problem.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi does your bulb warning failure stay on when the ignition is on, if it does then it is the rev/couter microprocessor thats went down, new rev/counter im afraid

G

·
I'm on my second rev counter (or third if you count the original), I keep meaning to check the lamp contacts and earths as I suspect theres a high resistance somewhere

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi tried all of that but it just seems that the rev/counters are poorly made. The last one I looked at the garage where i work i could not find anything amiss but cleaned and checked earths/connectors and even the wiring front to rear to the rev/counter just nothing at all showed!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts