Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I thought was my Lambda giving up the ghost was a bad electrical connection and after cleaning the relays and replacing the fuses, the car started and the problem went away.

I noticed that the rubber boots that protect most of the sensors, etc in the engine bay are falling apart - presumably as they have been subjected to nine years worth of heat and other extremes.

Do any of you replace them or is there any other kind of repair ? I thought of insulation tape but that doesn't seem to like heat.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mmm...something I've thought about many times too :rolleyes: Can't really help although one of mine did split allowing moisture in so I superglued it :eek: ..no problems since.

Wonder if silicone or other rubber type sealer would be any good?

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...yeah, but then you'd have to undo every connection from its block (play with Italian electrics!!) and also some of the rubber boots look bonded on...

wrinx

·
Registered
69 Posts
...wonder whether this would cause some flaming. have you guys looked into the beemers engine bays and llok at their socket/relay holders/cases? i thought they are simply awesome. heat & liquid protected!!!
come to think of it, i thought i saw something similar in the 156. maybe we can work around it and put those 6 relays into it (require some re-wiring though). hmm....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the Silverstone I wound black "fabric" type tape around some of the spilt rubbers. Still on there and ut isn't affected by the heat and moisture.
The tape was that kinda rubberised fabric stuff. I nocked it from work but imagine you could get it from B&Q etc.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Marlon, they have something that looks like band-aids wrapped around the ends of the loom truncking in the 145/6's... maybe they are waterproof band-aids... :rolleyes:
Mind you, my aux-belts look like women's tights too... :rolleyes: :p

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
marlon said:
In the Silverstone I wound black "fabric" type tape around some of the spilt rubbers. Still on there and ut isn't affected by the heat and moisture.
The tape was that kinda rubberised fabric stuff. I nocked it from work but imagine you could get it from B&Q etc.
Do you mean 'Duck Tape' ? If so, have got metres of the stuff :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, but the stuff I used was black. Heard it called Elephant tape aswell, or is that something different ????

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
marlon said:
Yeah, but the stuff I used was black. Heard it called Elephant tape aswell, or is that something different ????
Cheers Marlon, not much call for taping elephants up in Lancashire - but Ducks, that's a different story.... :eek:

Car in for service today, probably be poor and depressed later but she should be quicker :p

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Self amalgamating tape may do a better job... :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts