Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather be asking about exhausts or chips but have to ask about electric window switches instead.My switch for drivers side on drivers door has 'disappeared' inside trim. How do I get trim off? Lever it, or does screw behind door lever have to come out?- it looks a bit rounded as if its been out before. Any ideas appreciated.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Mal

The switch should just lever out on its own. If you need to get the whole doorskin off the screw behind the door lever needs to come out. Its a "torx" bit and found mine had been rounded off too. The only "bodging" advice I can give to get at the little sucker is to force a small screwdriver into the recess until it bites and use that instead (worked for me). Failing that you'll have to drill it out but its an awkward space to get into.

There are other screws in the armrest, below the door pocket and two bolts behind the door lever panel you talk about. Then the whole thing needs gently popping off as there are plastice retainers around the outside edge (not the top).

How has it managed to get inside the panel??? Wouldn't have thought this was possible!

Hope this helps.

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for advice.
just pushed on the switch as normal and it went into the small panel that holds both switches - is this the small panel that should lever out?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, its a wave or "S" shape from the side. Hope we're talkin about the same bit here!

wrinx :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers. On closer inspection it has a few scratches on it which suggest its been out before.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi yes the small panel should push straight out & once it is out you will see where the switches are. they should clip straight back in or in my case i superglued them aswell, then when they are fitted to the s shaped panel just push it back in.

cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts