Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Predictably it is the drivers window which now goes down but does not come back up unless you wiggle in a rather odd fashion, not much fun at toll booths etc. It's a four window switch plus the "Lock" for the c/l, will any 156 switch panel fit?

TIA

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Are you having to wiggle (in a rather odd fashion) the switch or the window to get it back up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Common fail the buttons in the 156.
Change for other new, you can try another button on another door to check.

·
Registered
38,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you having to wiggle (in a rather odd fashion) the switch or the window to get it back up?
The switch, if you pull it back then left a bit, then back a bit more the window moves.

Common fail the buttons in the 156.
Change for other new, you can try another button on another door to check.
Can you just swap out one button?

·
Vendor
46,983 Posts
Usually its just the 'toggle' part of the switch which is broken, and the toggles are interchangeable from all switch packs from the same year of car. You could use one of the rear window switches (or a spare rear switch) to fix the front one. If you take the switch pack out (two allen bolts), you can remove the electrical part of the switch from the housing and then you will see what is wrong with it. I guess you have to push down on the back of the switch while lifting the front of the switch up to raise the window?

·
Registered
38,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spot on Dan.

So any pre-facelift switch (mine's an '03) will do in terms of the toggle bit in it?

·
Vendor
46,983 Posts
The switch packs changed in 2002 when the interior facelift came in, so all cars with facelift interior use the same switch packs (some only have front electric windows though). The early 98-02 ones are not compatible, even the toggles are a different shape.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have the problem with back windows. They go down fine, but don't come back unless I wiggle the glass itself. And even then it doesn't slide back compleatly. Couple of mm crack on top position so powerjet washing always leaves me water marks inside back seat.
What can be done?
Sorry for hijacking your thread, Keithy ...

·
Vendor
46,983 Posts
I have the problem with back windows. They go down fine, but don't come back unless I wiggle the glass itself. And even then it doesn't slide back compleatly. Couple of mm crack on top position so powerjet washing always leaves me water marks inside back seat.
What can be done?
Sorry for hijacking your thread, Keithy ...
Probably something wrong with either the window regulator or the plastic tabs which sit on the side of the glass and guide it through the window seal.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0TS
493 Posts
Out of the fifteen or so Alfa's I have had most have had issues with drivers multi window and mirror buttons and then left rear window. I have taken the switches off and spray and swapped buttons only on the 166, but likely to work on other models to. It is not a problem, it is a character of the car ??. So are airbag warning lights.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-850F using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts