Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've abit of an emergency. One of my rear electric windows in my Alfa 156 is currently stuck down and I can't get it back up.

It's parked outside where I'm working at the moment so it's probably safe, but I need it back up for the journey home or at least up when I go to bed for security.

Can someone tell me the easiest thing I can do to get it back up. I'm not looking to fix it at the moment, I just want it back up for security (and the rain!).

Thanks.

Gavin.

D

·
0 Posts
if the motor is working get someone to pull it up when you press the window button. Both of my rear windows stick like this. need to grease them up when i get the time

D

·
0 Posts
possibly a fuse or relay, i couldnt tell you which one though. sorry i can be more help. mine was pretty stiff when i had to pull it up but if its proper stuck i dont know what to suggest. have you tried doing it up via its own motor? ie the door of the window thats stuck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

I've tried with both the driver door one and it's own. I managed to pull it up a tiny bit and noticed that it will go back down again so it doesn't appear to be a fuse problem. It just doesn't go back up again!

I'll try again to pull it up.

Is it possible to remove the door panel and get it up from inside?

Thanks.

D

·
0 Posts
sorry i have only had mine for a month and luckily havent had any electrical faults yet so i wouldnt be able to tell you. I am sure that someone else on here will comment soon. they are a friendly bunch lol

D

·
0 Posts
If the motor is ok it may have come off the runners. only way to tell would be to take the door panel off but i doubt you will be able to get it back up manually

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

I've just taken the door panel off, and your right, there is no chance of doing it manually.

I reseated all of the connections and then was just praying something would happen without much joy, same as before, it would go down, but not up.

However I managed to get lucky. A combination of pressing the button and trying an old trick of earthing the motor unit with a screwdriver got it to move up.

The window is now up which is all I wanted this evening.

I will have a further look at the weekend to see exactly what is wrong, but for now I'm done.

What a day!!

Kettle is boiling...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I know the thread was posted a while back but I just got Alfa 156 and windows also stuck can’t close or go down all the way. Did you go to the mechanics to fix it? If so can you tell me how much it cost?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Are you sure the window lock button is not engaged and prevents the rear windows from operating. The rear windows on the 156 do not go all the way down. They come to a stop with about 10cm of glass sticking up.
Otherwise I would think 2 or 3 hours to remove and replace both window regualtors. Regulators can be a couple of hundred each if that is the problem. You could do it yourself, and use second hand parts instead.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you sure the window lock button is not engaged and prevents the rear windows from operating. The rear windows on the 156 do not go all the way down. They come to a stop with about 10cm of glass sticking up.
Otherwise I would think 2 or 3 hours to remove and replace both window regualtors. Regulators can be a couple of hundred each if that is the problem. You could do it yourself, and use second hand parts instead.
🤦‍♀️ oh I didn’t know the rear window is didn’t go all the way down so I think I broke my windows buy pulling and try to push it down :( thank you

·
Registered
617 Posts
Also check the window lock button. When the windows are locked the lights in the rear window switches do not light up. When they are unlocked they do light up. I think that the lock switch is sort of back to front. Pushed down, is unlocked and when up the windows are locked.

Otherwise removing the door cards is not very hard in these if you want to have a look yourself or try and fix yourself with new/used parts if required.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the same problem
Take out the module with window buttons (that is located in doors). Open it and CLEAN whole PCB (you know, all electronic stuff). Insert it back, worked for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh as much as I want to do it by myself I really have 0 knowledge about car or electrical thing :( I will bring it to the mechanic on Friday :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts