Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Spider (2001):confused: window opens and closes intermittantly. Would like to check behind the door card and have viewed some instructions but they seem to be a bit sketchy. Has anyone got a link to a detailed door card removal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had a bit of a search and this is the only thread I have found where the fault is intermittent. What was the problem in the end? Was it a loose connection? My mother's gtv has a similar problem. Every so often the offside window doesn't work. Often if you open the door fully or whack the card it will come back to life.

Any ideas? It is really annoying at parking barriers etc where you don't really have space to open the door but need to take a ticket!!

Thanks in advance

Ben

K

·
0 Posts
I've had a bit of a search and this is the only thread I have found where the fault is intermittent. What was the problem in the end? Was it a loose connection? My mother's gtv has a similar problem. Every so often the offside window doesn't work. Often if you open the door fully or whack the card it will come back to life.

Any ideas? It is really annoying at parking barriers etc where you don't really have space to open the door but need to take a ticket!!

Thanks in advance

Ben
If whacking the door card kicks the window in to life your motor is dirty or knackered. :(

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
Could also be a dirty connection on the plug and socket connectors, even a semi broken wire from the Cabin into the Door but I think this would be unlikely.

May also be a Controller or Relay problem but faults in these items seem pretty rare, stay simple for now.

Either way the Door Card will have to come off, lots of info about this on here, worth a good read before you start as there are some potential pitfalls which can bite you !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Really appreciate this guys. I've found the link on taking the door card off etc. I just want to have a crack at it for my mother as she is trying to sell the gtv and it makes sense to try and get the car to its best first.

Thanks again

Ben

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
Yeah... like you find out you didn't have to spend £200 on a new motor. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:p:p:p:p
:lol::lol::lol:

Well I didn't !!!!

Best get me coat and go !!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts