Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys
I have a 164qv 93 where The electrical window on front driverside is not working, i here a click from the relay but nothing happens?
Also the rear right window temporaly works is this a problem seen before?:)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Hello guys
I have a 164qv 93 where The electrical window on front driverside is not working, i here a click from the relay but nothing happens?
Also the rear right window temporaly works is this a problem seen before?:)
Yes, often, with age at least. They brake teeth and jam up inside. Sometimes if it not to bad you can give it a knock and it might work again. I have never found this to be true having replaced most of my mechanisms now. There are new pattern parts available on eBay these days or you can risk second hand. I am on second hand and they all work.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Isnt it a pain the change the window motor?:-D
Yes! A real :censored: of a job. You need to take card off, all the plastics and once you have all the mechanism nuts off and window disconnected, you then need manoeuvre the entire thing out of the bottom of the door. The biggest :censored: :censored: job I have done ever, and I have done several now!!! One thing to remember on rebuild, there is a nut near the top that sits in an open slot; you need to pull the entire assembly towards you and then tighten or the mechanism slider will knock against the side impact protection, which by the way, is a seriously large sheet of thick steel!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts