Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I'm having issues with my drivers side window. Couple of months ago the original part knackered so got a replacement part online. From this place
Parts for Alfa Romeo, Fiat & Fiat Commercial vehicles.

The replacement worked for about 2 weeks then broke so told the company i bought it off and they swap it. now again a couple of weeks after installing it its broke again. Don't know if it's the same part that's broke, but i can't be that unlucky that I've had 2 faulty unit.

Has anyone else had issue's with there windows as it's driving me mad.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
What is the issue? That is the key question. Describe it in detail.

What was the replacement part you bought?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah fault description would help.
The first replacement i had we never knew what was the exact fault. We couldn't work out what happened first. When we looked at it the motor had come away from the mounting bracket, but also it looked like the spring in the plastic casing had come apart. meaning there was no tension on the spring.

Don't know whats happened to this unit as it only happened last night and not had chance to look at it.

The part i got is the one from the link I've posted.

There's a line in the fitting instructions that we don't know is right. on the plastic casing when it arrives there is a plastic ring that it tells you to remove, but by doing that it looks like it weakens the casing.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Sorry, you're telling us about what you found when you started investigating, what I mean is:
What was the problem with your window that made you want to try to fix it?

Was the window not going down at all, or not going all the way down, or not coming up at all, or not coming up all the way, or something else?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first time was driving along as normal went to put my window down, went down just over half way made a grinning noise then just dropped lucky not smashing.

I've spoken to the company i bought the part off and they've said it must but a faulty or low quality part. As the whole of Italy shut for August they won't know till September so have just given me a refund.

just got to find a different window regulator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts