Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had this issue? How did you resolve it? Plastic parts of the mechanism have broken off and apparently cannot be replaced. Alfa state that that only the complete assembly can be bought and replaced and they want a staggering £1,400 for it plus about a days labour. I'm truly shocked and dismayed and not being able to use the lining is spoiling my enjoyment of the car. Can anybody help with advice or suggestions please? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Can you get to the broken pieces and disassemble them?

If so maybe you could get them fabbed through 3D printing...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you get to the broken pieces and disassemble them?

If so maybe you could get them fabbed through 3D printing...
Unfortunately the dealer who stripped and checked the operation of the pano binned the broken bits. To be fair I doubt we could've matched up all the shrapnel as bits were still riveted to the steel rail and other bits were broken off. Otherwise that would've been a neat idea! Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Anybody had this issue? How did you resolve it? Plastic parts of the mechanism have broken off and apparently cannot be replaced. Alfa state that that only the complete assembly can be bought and replaced and they want a staggering £1,400 for it plus about a days labour. I'm truly shocked and dismayed and not being able to use the lining is spoiling my enjoyment of the car. Can anybody help with advice or suggestions please? Thank you in advance.
So you have a retro fitted skyview lining? Maybe that's where the problem lies with broken bits? Have you tried the breakers, must be plenty about I would think? Best of luck though, sorry I cant help further!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts