Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My Mito's electric folding mirrors have never worked since I first bought the car used over a year ago.

It's a 2011 170 Cloverleaf.

It does have the button (Figure C in the manual) with a little mirror icon on it with a down arrow.

Pushing it does absolutely nothing.

Any ideas?

Also checked the manual for what fuse it could be and it appears it is not listed at all. There's a fuse for the side mirror demisters but not one for the folding.
Surely it has to be one of them?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
First of all the button only work with ignition on.
I have had a look in my user manual and I couldn't find anything regarding fuse for the folding mirrors

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried the button with ignition off/on, as well an engine off/on and appears to make no difference to me.

Find it really strange how a fuse for this is not listed in the book.

Anyone any ideas for anything else to check for?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Tried the button with ignition off/on, as well an engine off/on and appears to make no difference to me.

Find it really strange how a fuse for this is not listed in the book.

Anyone any ideas for anything else to check for?
Is the position adjustment for the mirror glasses on your car electric and, if so, does it work?

I'd expect it would be fed from the same fuse as the fold mechanism.

One possibility is that the mirrors were damaged and were replaced by the previous owner with mirrors without folding mechanisms. A bit unlikely that both sides would have been replaced though.

The owners manual for my 2014 MiTo QV says fuse F36 feeds all the following:

"EOBD diagnosis port supply, radio, Bluetooth®, radionavigator (where provided), alarm siren; alarm volumetric sensors, electric fan, TPMS, electric mirror controls, climate control system controls"

If your car is the same and that fuse had blown, lots of things would not be working.

Andy

Reactions: istrabike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mirror glass adjustment (electric) works perfectly fine, and everything you listed to do with that fuse also works perfectly fine.

That thought did cross my mind about the mirrors being replaced with basic ones after an accident, but it just seems really odd that both would of been replaced.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at some photos on eBay of the side mirror unit, it appears the power folding mirrors have an additional plug.
I guess I could take mines off and inspect what's what!
If it has the additional plug and therefore are power mirrors I guess the next step is to make sure everything is hooked up properly and they are getting power!

·
Registered
38 Posts
It could be the switch/button. It may be faulty and you just have to change it. Happens on Alfa's but not so much on Mito.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looking at some photos on eBay of the side mirror unit, it appears the power folding mirrors have an additional plug.
I guess I could take mines off and inspect what's what!
If it has the additional plug and therefore are power mirrors I guess the next step is to make sure everything is hooked up properly and they are getting power!
Hey there, got similar issues on my Brera, have you found a cure? Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have to remove my drivers door panel this week, I have a 2010 QV, I can count the wires in the plug for you to compare against yours if that would help ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts