Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My electric hood has stopped working. Forgive, I'm a complete amateur so any advise is gratefully received.

When I depress the switch to begin opening the hood the mechanism to release the rear window fails to operate on the passenger side, so the window/rear hood doesn't lift away from the body of the car.

I can't see any reason why it has stopped working.

Any tips?
Andy

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
Firstly open it fully using the manual procedure, close it then try again with the auto switch. In case you are unsure of the manual procedure it is this (apologies if you know it):-

On the front panel of the rear shelf behind the drivers seat you will find a plastic switch cover (if fitted) - lever this off and there are two switches - these control the rear window release and rear cover.

1) Release the front of the hood from the windscreen.
2) Turn ignition on and press the switch to release the rear screen (can't remember which one offhand but it does not matter if you hit the hood cover release first).
3) With ignition still on release the hood cover.
4) Turn ignition off. Raise rear window clear of the hood cover then raise the cover.
5) Pull the hood back from the front and allow it to drop down into the space beneath the cover
6) Push the cover down, turn on the ignition and use the switch in the other direction to lock it (you may have to push down gently on the cover whilst operating the switch.

It sounds far more complicated than it is - only takes about 15 seconds or so. To put it up do the above in reverse!. The hood is a little heavy.

Try this first then let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I tried the rear controls but the motor for the passengers hood release isn't working, so I can't release it from the hood cover.
I was wondering if it's on a separate fuse, or if there's anything else I can do to reset etc.
I'm a complete novice!
Thanks, in anticipation
Andy

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I tried the rear controls but the motor for the passengers hood release isn't working, so I can't release it from the hood cover.
I was wondering if it's on a separate fuse, or if there's anything else I can do to reset etc.
I'm a complete novice!
Thanks, in anticipation
Andy
I think that is why Paul gave you the manual procedure.:thumbup:

And maybe this will help? Haven't read it.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...4-hood-cover-jamming-problem.html#post5366120

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
Actually it is the same motor that releases the rear screen whether you use the auto or manual controls - just thought one may have worked.

So we have established that the motor is not working. Either a busted motor or no live supply going to it when switched.

This is where my practical knowledge ends though it may be worth looking at the motor connection.

Anyone with some auto electrical knowledge??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts