Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Im very new to Alfa ownership and I have an S reg Spider Lusso,which has a problem with the electric aerial which wont go down.

Also got a few minor prolems that need help with.

Can anyone offer assistance please?

Also im looking for a good mechanic in the Farnborough/Aldershot area of Hampshire.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Moved into GTV/Spider lounge - I think you'll get more help here :)

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
P.S. Neither does mine - I just keep it up all the time :lol: It does have a fit every now and again and decides to work, but other than replace it with a Maplin one no one has really come up with another answer :lol:

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
i had a few sections that were really well stuck i sprayed it with wd40 over some days and then helped it extend section by section when i turned it on, its just patience really and doing it slowly to make sure you dont break it or pull the end tip off

once you have it working i then silocone sprayed it and do that monthly now

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
I've tried this, but to no avail. I am now destined to look like an old MX5 :p

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The aerials are always a bit problematic. The trick is to keep the telescopic tubes well lubed. Don't pull it manually as there is a white plastic coil inside which will snap if you force it. I've had to replace the aerials on both my 916's (with original spec as they locate nicely onto the angled plate in the boot), and I apply silicon every time I wash the car to keep the mechanism free.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its firmly stuck up,i was in getting a new stereo fitted today and hopefully they said they may be able to get it working if i take it back. if i need a replacement do i need an Alfa one or can i buy a different one, if its Alfa do you know a website i can use to get one?

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Mitch just had a look and will be buying one if cant fix, i think theres no power going through to it. New to Alfa and owning my own car always had company car,but wanted a spider since i was a teenager,my new wife bought me the car as a wedding gift,got a few bits need doing and some body work to repair but its generally in good condition and i plan to get her ready for the summer!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts