Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Electric aerial not working

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Zak123 
#1 ·
Phase 3 jts. Fitted new radio now aerial not working. Check voltage goes to 10.3 volts when radio switched on so the head doing its thing correctly.... Aerial does not attempt to work arcall... Any ideas? 🍀

#7 ·
No Rovero is still at autolusso, needs some fixing as there are things that should be done as engine is out but it all adds up to big bill. The aerial thing is on a jts gtv project car, that I was looking to sell. Done a lot of work on it but no where to keep it now....... 🍀

#9 ·
Was it actually a new radio? I bought a second hand one off ebay and had the same problem. Turned out that there was no power to the cable that activated the aerial. Bought a new system and it worked no problem. The original radio will be fitted to a car that doesn’t have an electric aerial as everything else works.

#14 ·
I did mine pretty recently! Test the actual aerial unit by taking out the boot lining on the passenger side and gaining access to the actual aerial, should be 2 connectors mine were red and green, disconnect the bullet plugs and put 12v to the red and green wire, this should extend the aerial up, as soon as you take power off the green wire the aeriel will retract down. If neither of these tests work then you know your issue is inside the aeriel. See pic below

If you need to open it up let me know and I'll post some details and pics of how I fixed mine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.