·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Another general election

Looks like we are gonna get one on June the 8th.....🤔

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Lib-Dem might be huge winners with their position on Brexit. Technically this is the only thing they are known for at the moment.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Lib-Dem might be huge winners with their position on Brexit. Technically this is the only thing they are known for at the moment.

This.

I'll call it now - coalition 2 the sequel. Substantial swing from remainers to Lib Dems, Labour nowhere to be seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12,553 Posts
You are joking.:vs_lol:

Conservatives straight through the tape, the rest squabbling for scraps.

Limp Dems and Jezzas Army humiliated again. :lol:

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
...Instead, Labour has got it wrong again. Corbyn says there will be no obstacle to an early election. Just when parliament ought to fight back in its own defence and resist the call for a general election, the leader of the opposition does just the opposite. He should hurl May’s own words back in her face. All those calls for stability, and for healing, and for no cheap tricks with election timing: they should be weaponised. This is no way to heal. It is a deliberate attempt to bulldoze MPs over the cliff. She thinks they won’t dare to say they are not prepared to go to the country.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/18/general-election-coup-mps-theresa-may

·
Registered
9,000 Posts

Sorry, I meant 'winners' comparing to their current state. Not winners of the elections overall.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

That's clearly what La May would like and why she has decided now is the time, a slam dunk Tory win and more use of the word "mandate" vis a vis Brexit than one can possibly imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
While my back has been turned has the UK somehow become some sort of Banana Republic?

Independence referendum, Brexit referendum, PMs walking, snap General Elections 3 years ahead of time..... WTF is going on?

I can envisage all sorts of Brexit related mayhem coming for June.

Hastily opportunistic positions being sought by Lib Dems to attract all remain voters, massive Hard-On Brexit charge by the Tories, a pro Europe SNP finally ousting the last vestige of Labour out of Scotland and using the "mandate" to get IndyRef2 underway, Labour trying to oust Corbyn next week to get someone else in (on an anti-Brexit ticket) in advance of the GE.... crikey.

And if the swing at the general election goes to non-Brexit/Soft-Brexit I can see many furious Brexit voters challenging the democratic status quo yet again.

Can we just all agree that regardless of who wants to vote for who - we all get to drag that contemptible little [email protected] Cameron out of wherever he's currently hiding and give him a proper shoeing for unleashing most of this nonsense.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts

It's a brave man who will confidently predict ANY sort of voting outcome in the current wild-eyed climate.

You might be right, but you could also be very wrong.

1 - 20 of 1106 Posts